Dear Hiring Manager,
I am writing to express my interest in the Bookkeeping position. I believe the job duties listed align well with my skills. You need someone who is highly organized and effective and who can remain positive and pleasant under strict deadlines. I believe my experience and education serves me well for this role. In my previous capacity as an Accounting Manager at Vitality Senior Living, I accurately maintained multiple ledgers within Quickbooks while self-managing multiple projects and learning new concepts regularly under deadlines. I was responsible for compiling the company’s financial statements for the purposes of providing it to the auditor. I acted as the liaison between the external audit team and the internal accounting department. I have also worked in several worked as an Office Manager/Bookkeeper before receiving my post-secondary education, allowing me to develop excellent communication and conflict resolution skills. I am proficient in accounting software including, but not limited to, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and various other tax and accounting software. Having worked on many teams and as a people-oriented person, I am very enthusiastic about the possibility to work with a diverse team while managing sole responsibilities as the Bookkeeper.
• Typing Speed 55 WPM
• Competent with Windows, and Mac
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Desktop and QBO, Workamajig, NetSuite, SAP, ADP, and AMB, Eldermark, Xero, Net Suite. Gusto, Bill.com, Last Pass, Expensify
• Add Ons
Part Time Remote Staff Accountant, Meaux & Co. CPAs
Baton Rouge, LA September 2019- Present
• Manage QBO bank feed by matching and categorizing transactions
• Manage app integrations with QBO
• Enter daily sales receipts into QBO
• Make monthly journal entries as needed in QBO
• Match receipts with transactions in QBO using Receipt Bank
• Reconcile QBO with bank and credit card statements each month
• Communicate directly with clients regarding outstanding items and questions about their transactions
• Have clients' books in a "review ready" state for the prior month within one week of the month ending
• Help identify and implement opportunities to make your processes more efficient
Accounting Manager, Vitality Senior Living
Brentwood, TN May 2018-September 2019
• Managed the preparation of accounting reports such as earnings, profit/loss, cash flows, depreciation, inventory, cash balance, and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Managed accounts receivable and oversee collections for all business units.
• Maintained and monitor monthly and year-end closing schedules for all business units.
• Reconciled general ledger accounts and resolving discrepancies.
• Prepared and perform check runs and all payments.
• Reviewed and verify invoices and check requests.
• Prepared annual 1099 and 1096 forms.
• Reconciled cash daily.
• Processed month-end closing.
• Prepared, reviewed and posted journal entries and depreciation. Maintained transaction documentation and support.
• Prepared details and summary schedules for management as required.
• Downloaded and posts corporate credit card data.
• Assisted in the budget process.
• Ensured the completeness and accuracy of inter-company account activity.
• Provided assistance and lead projects for company management and business units as directed by the Director of Accounting.
Senior Staff Accountant, Midwest Equity Mortgage
Oak Brook, IL-04/2013-04-2018
• Recorded financial transactions via journal entries, including month-end close process.
• Performed moderately complex analyses (commissions, rebates, accruals, etc.) and prepare monthly account reconciliations in support of the financial statements
• Performed variance analyses and P/L reporting
• Assisted with the preparation and administration of the annual budget, as well as periodic operating forecasts
• Assisted in the annual financial audit and preparation of tax return work papers
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects as required by Senior Management
• All payroll functions
Accountant, Stevens and Tate Marketing
• Bank Reconciliations
• Posted customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posted revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
• Updated receivables by totaling unpaid invoice es.
• Summarized receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing the report.
• Updated payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Prepared reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
• Determined payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers' compensation payments.
• B.S. in Accounting, June 2010
Year of birth
Total experience in accounting domain
My licenses & certifications
Expired; Due for Renewal
Expertise in accounting software other than QuickBooks
Expertise in payroll platforms
Expertise in business software packages
My starting fee for monthly bookkeeping services in USD
For businesses with less than $10,000 in monthly expenses
For businesses within $10,000 - $25,000 in monthly expenses
For businesses within $25,000 - $150,000 in monthly expenses
For businesses with over $150,000 in monthly expenses
Subscribe to my services
get a free price quote
We got your inputs. We will send you a free price quote in the next few hours.
Please do not resubmit.
For any assistance, please contact us.
We appreciate your business.
An error occurred.
Please make sure you are logged in.
Please check for any field highlighted in RED.
If the problem persists, please contact us.
Send me an email
Please login or sign up to send a mail
An error occurred
Please make sure you are logged in.
Please ensure you have responded to all the required fields.
If the problem persists, contact support using the chat box below.
Your message has been sent!