Certified Public Accountant
• Over 35 years of experience in accounting (including QuickBooks products), taxes, auditing,
consulting, litigation, management, operations, payroll, and software in organizations, industries, and government.
• Hands-on strategic leadership in management and advisory roles to start, nurture continuous improvement, and grow companies and provide guidance in planning, control, and capitalization.
• Seeking consulting or part-time employment in a virtual environment.
• Strong interpersonal, management, organizational, and presentation skills
• Strategic financial and business planning and launches
• Capital acquisitions and funding, foreign currency accounting and inter-company transactions
• Budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow presentations
• Software selection and implementation
• Personnel selection, management and development, and advocate of teamwork philosophy
• Accounting and other software proficiency including
o QuickBooks (including Pro and Online) from inception to the present day by outside consulting
o Microsoft Dynamics GP and BS&A
o Microsoft Office Suite, PointClickCare and TurboTax
Ingham County Land Bank Fast Track Authority, Lansing, MI (October 2018 – January 2020)
Financial and Administrative Manager
Local government authority which acquires, manages, maintains, and repurposes vacant, abandoned, and foreclosed properties.
• Updated the authority’s accounting records so that the annual audit could be performed in April 2019
o Accounting had not been processed since the beginning of 2018.
o Processed bank reconciliations for various accounts.
o Reconciled inventory of over 900 properties to property database and adjusted accounting and database records for incorrect acquisition, disposition, costs and selling prices.
o Accounted for intergovernmental transactions.
o Developed a system of accounting for rental activity and land contracts for various properties and investigated and resolved outstanding receivables since 2013.
o Prepared the unaudited financial statements and trial balance and worked with auditors to render the audited information.
• Implemented and enforced internal controls including:
o Splitting responsibilities for recordkeeping, deposits, reporting, and auditing.
o Controlling access to cash activity and books and records.
o Standardizing documentation to capture transactions.
o Preparing and reviewing trial balance activity for discrepancies or unusual activity.
o Administering periodic reconciliations of various accounts.
o Requiring approval authorizations for transactions.
• Streamlined processes to reduce the time involved and ensure timely handling and processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable including automation where applicable.
• Utilized a wider range of capabilities available in the accounting software package, BS&A, which resulted in the ability to report account and project activity upon request as well as other operational information.
• Responsible for payroll processing using the services of an outside company.
• Responsible for all tax filings and annual reports.
Shiawassee County Medical Care Facility, Owosso, MI (November 2014 – June 2018)
Chief Financial Officer
Local governmental skilled nursing care facility consisting of 136 beds and three neighborhoods.
• Managed 13 employees in the accounting and business office, central supply department and information technology department.
o Revised the accounting and presentation of financial activity in accordance with GAAP.
o Recommend and implement new accounting software and processes to capture data more efficiently and better communicate the facility’s position, operations, and cash flow.
o Along with the human resources department. I was responsible for the payroll of over 260 employees including the research and implementation of an outside payroll processor.
o Revamped the central supply department including automation of processes, the establishment of physical counts and enforcement of controlling inventory costs.
o Brought the information technology department up to date including the selection and installation of a new data center and development of systems to manage and replace hardware and software.
• Produced and oversaw a $20M operating budget and a $28.6M capital acquisition budget and worked with other departments to achieve budgeted results.
• One of the key decision-makers and overseers for the construction and relocation to a new 103,000 square-foot facility including
o research and selection of all outside parties involved in the project
o planning and change oversight and monitoring of costs,
o obtaining partial financing through the issuance of general obligation bonds
o and handling of regulatory filings and communications.
• Worked with other mangers to replace the facility’s nurse charting and billing software to ensure the facility could provide care within established care protocols and reduce re-hospitalizations and resident risks as well as efficiently account for all revenue.
• Strengthened the internal control processes and procedures for the facility.
• Served as direct liaison with the local county in reference to operations of the facility and the issuance of audited financial statements and quadrennial millage to support facility operations.
Chromogenex US, Inc., Howell, MI (March 2013 – January 2014)
Chief Financial Officer
A Sister company of Chromogenex Technologies Ltd. which was based in Wales and developed and manufactured advanced light and laser technology systems for use in medical and cosmetic procedures.
• Utilizing QuickBooks Pro, improved the capturing of financial information through restructuring the chart of accounts and financial statements and reporting real-time to the parent company.
• Oversaw the daily cash flow and accelerated the collection of revenue by revising the sales contracts and collection of outstanding amounts due.
• Implemented budgeting, inventory and internal control processes.
• Responsible for all taxes at the federal, state, and local levels for the U.S. operations including compliance with excise tax reporting.
• Ensured compliance with rules and regulations pertaining to imports and exports, transfer pricing and requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
• Restructured staff and defined roles and responsibilities as well as responsible for hiring and termination of staff.
• Served as the primary contact for the annual independent audit, all banking and credit relationships and all legal affairs of the U.S. operations.
• Negotiated new leases and moved operations to a larger location to better maximize operations.
Biophotonic Solutions, Inc., East Lansing, MI (October 2011 – August 2012)
Chief Financial Officer
Michigan State University spin-out venture which was involved in the early phases of
revolutionizing the industry by improving the utility of ultrafast lasers.
• Using QuickBooks Pro, established an in-house accounting system to capture revenue and expenses and produce financial statements.
• Controlled cash flow and accelerated collection of accounts receivable.
• Managed inventory costs and identified and reduced unnecessary expenditures.
• Accounted for government and private funding and grants.
• Implemented internal controls and prepared policies and procedures.
• Responsible for payroll processing, payment of commissions and all applicable filings.
• Established a business plan and revenue model for the entity.
One At A Time, Inc., Charlotte, MI (June 2011 – October 2011)
Educational startup with services including preparation of incorporation and tax-exempt
documentation, a business plan and budget and development of procedures for procurement of
Career Quest Learning Centers, Inc., Lansing, MI (December 2008 – June 2011)
Corporate Finance Manager
Educational institution providing career training in healthcare, information technology, business, childcare, and HVAC-R at various locations.
• While supervising a staff of ten, restructured the accounting system using QuickBooks Pro and implemented over $100,000 in cost-saving measures in the first year.
• Developed and implemented a collection plan for outstanding accounts receivable.
• Established annual operating and capital expenditure budgets.
• Responsible for financial audits and internal control.
• Involved in the successful sale to a private equity firm.
• Negotiated new operating and capital leases, new banking relationships and other support.
• Transitioned financial operations from small business to multi-state, multi-campus environment and reported on consolidated operations.
Linda L. Weber, CPA, Corunna, MI (October 1993 – December 2010)
Business Owner and Operator and user of QuickBooks
Public accounting firm wherein services included accounting, taxes, consulting, tax litigation, IRS negotiations, and financial planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, and estates.
Baker College of Owosso, Business Division, Owosso, MI (September 2007 – June 2008)
Developed curriculum and instructor of college-level accounting, taxation, computerized accounting including QuickBooks, and personal finance courses.
Corunna Public Schools, Corunna, MI (September 2004 – September 2008)
Homebound Student Coordinator and Substitute Teacher
Cisowski & Cisowski, P.C., Flint, MI (June 1984 - September 1993)
• Co-founded Dallas, Texas public accounting firm in 1984 with subsequent relocation to Michigan in 1989.
HMH Consultants, Dallas, TX (October 1983 – May 1984)
Lane, Gorman, Trubitt & Company, P.C., Dallas, TX (September 1982 - September 1983)
Ballard, Griggs & Company, P.C., Dallas, TX (November 1981 – August 1982)
Education and Certification
Bachelor of Science Accounting
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI May 1981
Certificate of Public Accounting February 1984
References Available upon request
Year of birth
Total experience in accounting domain
My licenses & certifications
Certified Public Accountant
Getting Certified Soon
Expertise in accounting software other than QuickBooks
Expertise in payroll platforms
Expertise in business software packages
My starting fee for monthly bookkeeping services in USD
For businesses with less than $10,000 in monthly expenses
For businesses within $10,000 - $25,000 in monthly expenses
For businesses within $25,000 - $150,000 in monthly expenses
For businesses with over $150,000 in monthly expenses
Subscribe to my services
get a free price quote
We got your inputs. We will send you a free price quote in the next few hours.
Please do not resubmit.
For any assistance, please contact us.
We appreciate your business.
An error occurred.
Please make sure you are logged in.
Please check for any field highlighted in RED.
If the problem persists, please contact us.
Send me an email
Please login or sign up to send a mail
An error occurred
Please make sure you are logged in.
Please ensure you have responded to all the required fields.
If the problem persists, contact support using the chat box below.
Your message has been sent!